Thursday, April 6, 2023

A GOOD REST HOME CONSISTS OF... GREAT PEOPLE

Several years ago I had the opportunity to provide volunteer help at a Heber City, Utah Rest Home. Each Saturday, I looked forward to a day of leisure and enjoy my time with older people that once were young. Kind of like all of us, who were once young and given a chance to make a life of our own here on earth. To spend a day each week with people who have done it all was a great lesson for me. I would assist staff in helping residents to the spacious front room and sing various songs that we all knew. I can't sing or lead, but these kind folks didn't seem to mind. We then loaded up on a special equipped transport bus and go to various places or functions in the area. All people liked to top of  the leisure drive with an ice cream cone, and regardless of the clean up assignment, we had everlasting fun. After helping with lunch, I would then wander about with Lassie(the sidekick house dog) and when the residents had a family visitor, that is when I would butt in and interview them, then publish and print their life history and attach it to the doors of each resident with the title bearing "GET TO KNOW YOUR NEGHBOR".  Today, we present five of the people of years ago. Sorry about the typos. I am still in Beginning Type!








No comments:

Post a Comment