Mike Cannell was 60 years old in earth years, and his last rites were held yesterday at the LDS Church across the street from Vine Bluff Cemetery. I never met Mike, nor his family, but I had one of those unspoken urges to attend his Funeral. Although his full name is Michael Darwin Cannell, he was a "Mike" to me, and it appeared that is what the speakers called him as well. I was so moved by the Anderson Funeral Home listing on the Internet, I was intrigued to attend. And glad I did, as I felt that I had known both he and his wife from a long ago sphere. The computer showed a photo of Mike from years ago and a recent photo of him. If you stare at the countenance of his smile, you can see this man has an internal love of joy, regardless of health issues. Attending a funeral by chance is not the first time I have done that, as a few years ago, I traveled to Salt Lake to attend the funeral of the mother of "The Piano Boys". I was able to escape the crowd and do a short interview with the father, who told me how he and his family escaped Nazi Germany at the beginning of the war, and the only thing they made sure they escaped to America with, was the Family Piano, and it was the mother holding a grip on the boys to play it daily before they could attend football practice. Now back to Mike. I viewed several photos of Mike and his forever wife(Joye Hahne) and the photos showed the forever love they had for each other and the brother of his wife expressed how much love the Hahne's had for Mike. As the various family members entered the chapel area, Joye may have health issues as she was being pushed in a wheelchair. As she came near where I was standing, our eyes locked on each other, and I felt their was a certain connection that strangers have from ion's ago. Whoever put the funeral program together wrote of J.R.R. Tolkien who wrote the book "Lord of the Rings" and other notable quotes of Gandalf, one of which was "our journey on earth doesn't end at Death, it is just another path, and one in which we all must take." With a variety of hints, I reckoned that Mike's son-Alex was the pen master of putting the program together. Without thinking about it, I started to do a circling on the back of the program of the photo of Mike and Joye, and discovered my doodling kept placing heart shaped circle's around the two of them. I don't think God would permit it, but I would wager that these two lovebirds are one of those matches made in the pre-existence and they will be forever and ever. And if Alex can write quotes of his father and sign it as Mike 12:15 with "Mike is that he might have Joye", then I will put one of mine of "Nothing Lasts Forever, Except Forever, And My Love For You." Kent 21:14, and my headstone already shows "Son of Alma from the land of Nephi". Mike, without knowing you, you are now one of my Hero's, as is your Joye.
No comments:
Post a Comment