Monday, April 19, 2021

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MORMON TO UNDERSTAND THEIR HISTORY

 If one was to move and live in Paris, France, my recommendation would be to first visit and understand the people, culture and history of France. Not only did I spend time at the Louvre, but experienced the awe and splendor of the Notre Dame Cathedral. I learned of Joan of Arc and the Invasion of Allied Forces at Normandy. However, I saw things that convinced me that would not be my future home. I mention this as it appears that thousands of people are being directed to come and live in rural Nephi, America, taking away precious clean air, water and open areas for agriculture. For those who are to consider that, we hope we can show we are the friendly city at the crossroads of Utah, but hope the new person can know our history, culture and rural ways. To give insight, we have obtained a copy of the life and times of Thomas Bowles, who was among the first settlers in the Juab Valley. It will show the difficulty coming across the plains, as many Mormons were driven out by assassins' and unfriendly Americans, including government officials. 











2 comments: