Saturday, February 11, 2023

THE LIFE AND TIMES OF LIZ TOLLEY OF NEPHI

In most cases, life on earth begins with a birth, and ends with a funeral. In this situation, however, we have did in backwards. The last Post entry was on the funeral proceedings of my grandmother-Elizabeth Tolley Jones. We now write of her life and times on earth. Attached, the reader should find a copy of things I put together to present to the Wm Fisher Tolley Reunion in 1979, which was held at Dad's and Son Campground, up Nephi Canyon- a place where locals, both present and past, celebrate and take care of, at least in the past when the U.S. Forest were of service to the public. Not so much anymore, so what we have been told. In that which was typed and presented had typos, so for the thousands of descendants' of Wm. Fisher Tolley and to those related to his 4 wives, please excuse. At that reunion, present was the last surviving granddaughter of Wm. Fisher. To her and others, the fourth wife was not normally spoke of, but she is listed on the LDS Temple ordinance and in accordance with Brigham Young. My writings are based on the journals and papers in my possession or that which I have donated to the LDS church, as some of the daily journals were a part of the same journals that her husband kept tithing receipts on. We will include a photo of the Nortonville Ranch area; one of  the two bedroom cabin that Liz raised her children in that was under the grove of trees in one photo; and her reading glasses that I started out with and preserved. Liz is sitting on the chair behind standing husband. To me, she was the terrific wind that Will flew on. I have preserved her glasses that can  be seen on a previous entry as I couldn't figure how to add a photo.....8 track mentality!








1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kent for sharing this! I enjoyed reading Elizabeth's life history. I didn't know that she and her brother Charles and his wife Vinnie (my 2x great grandparents) traveled all the way north to Logan to be married and sealed in that temple. I also didn't realize that the photograph that my Dad has of his grandparents John Evan & Sadie (Tolley) Harris in a carriage with "Erma Garret" is Elizabeth Tolley's daughter. Thanks for taking the time to make this blog. I learn a lot!

    Rachelle Humble

    ReplyDelete