Friday, August 16, 2024

KAY ANDERSON CARROLL WAS LAID TO REST TODAY

I only knew Kay by that name, being acquainted with her in a comparably small number of students at Juab High School in Nephi, Utah. She was the Class of 66, but if we were only a grade or two apart, we all were friends and often shared classrooms together. I often visited Kay at her home, and recalled how much she missed her husband-Douglas Carroll who had previously died. I was going through my own remorseful situation and visiting with Kay who helped me. Often times we all go through troubling times or turmoil, and it is good in a small town that we can reach out to others. Somewhere in the past I have written about the professionalism of the Anderson Funeral Home and how it has gone from fathers to sons for more than a century. When Mike Anderson took over after Miles passed, Kay was instrumental in helping to ease the caller of a family member who has passed. And luckily Mike has son-Chad who has taken over the Anderson Funeral Home and banded with Goff and made it an excellent blend of professionals in those rough times. I am not sure, but I got the impression that Kay had a voice in developing her own program. In many cases funeral's can go on and on, but this one covered all they needed to and according to my Nortonville Clock, it lasted 48 minutes. Kay is mighty proud of her two sons-Brad and Brace, and Brace has taken over many of the Juab County deaths. Watching all of the Anderson's pay respect to all those that passes is so assuring. They are God sends, and they can feel the importance of their duty. I was impressed to watch the two casket barriers bring in the earthly body of Kay. They appeared to be two young granddaughters and Mike helped train them going around corners. After the funeral, I spoke to Kay's sister-Jolene, who was the widow of Joe Christensen, another respected Mortician that worked with the Anderson's. I told Jolene I would miss her and Kay as greeters at the Nephi Hospital. They were a great blend greeting and crocheting at the same time. Kay Anderson will be missed at the hospital; fixing the hair of patrons of the funeral home and at the County Fair. But think of all the great humans that are excited to see God's precious daughter again who can now walk with no pain!


No comments:

Post a Comment