Friday, July 8, 2016

Get your hats and spurs on, as next weekend is the rodeo of all rodeo's at the Ute Stampede.

As hundreds were aware, Nephi's 4th of July celebration was as good as it ever was. The first photo shows a prior time when Erma Garrett babysat her grandnephew-Justin Jones. We can now put the Cherry bombs on hold and put our western attire on as the Ute Stampede is returning to Nephi, Utah for its 82nd showdown. I heard this year will be the best ever, but can't find my latest copy of The Times News, so will go with what I got. Indications are the carnival has moved away from the Central School and tennis court and moved to the Juab County Fairgrounds. I also heard that Monte Young's Rides and Shows are no longer around, so just show up to the "City of Fun" and see which carny will spin you the most on the merry-go-round. I am not sure if Kemp Motes is the Grand Marshall of the parade, but if he is, who could be more proper. Same goes for the Stampede Royalty, with a Lunt or a Winn, or is it that Kendall gal Roy Gibson wrote about. One thing I know for sure, I am excited to see which of all of those beautiful gals neath the majestic heart of Nebo will win the beauty contest, especially the one in the two piecer. It is 1967 isn't it! To round it all off, it is great to cheer for the locals participating, including Bryce Gardner; Joel and Mark Winn and after all who has roped in more rodeos that Kemp Motes. It is a good thing I turned my 1951 Ute Stampede Badge in to the Committee. Somebody can keep track of things better than me. Get your rodeo tickets for next weekend at Nephi 4-D, then you can get all the real factual facts, rather than the fictional facts.







No comments:

Post a Comment