Thursday, March 22, 2018

I still don't understand Opera and some plays!

Although I have attended Opera's, I still haven' understood them, and the same goes for some plays, even though I have traveled to Broadway; San Francisco and watched "King Lear" at Stratford-upon-Avon, where Shakespeare was born; raised, wrote and worked the stage. When I saw the ad of "Into the Woods" in The Times News, I wanted to support local actors in rural Utah. They performed in what they call the "Juab Fine Arts Auditorium", but I remember it as the Juab High School Auditorium of decades ago. When the lights turned down, I could feel myself sliding back to 1962, and I became uneasy, but wasn't sure why. It then hit me like a ton of  brick. Years ago, I sat nearby watching "Twelve Angry Women" on Feb. 28, 1962. I knew the actors back then but they were happy friends-not angry women. I am still trying to learn to be artistic and tomorrow night, I will try to figure out why a person with a weird hat is standing near a blue elephant and a gold fish about to be eaten! This time it is at the Juab Junior High Auditorium, so maybe I won't panic as much and not have to call for Dr. Boston; Beckstead, Steele or whoever Dr. Seuss is!



No comments:

Post a Comment