Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Nadine Blackett was laid to rest yesterday and a happy lady she is.

It is awkward to write that Nadine had a "good" funeral yesterday, but it was. It was done in a manner she loved. I received that impression when each family member participated, and the convincer was the klippity klop of the plug horse drawn carriage bringing her earthly remains next to her husband; her parents; grandparents & great grandparents. Several heavenly family members surround her and stand guard as sentinels while she dances with Evan and her brothers sing in that happy place beyond mortal existence. I wasn't going to write a blog, as all who knew Nadine loved her. After we got the photo of the carriage and her grandmothers funeral photo fell in front of my desk, I was impressed to write. Her brother Doug didn't like farm work, so he went to Salt Lake and found mucho monies in a successful doughnut business and I would often stop and get my "family discount". Her sister LaPriel was a special friend. Nadine decided she wanted to find a good man like her dad-Len, who knew how to work hard and loved the farm, so she married Evan. Her two other brothers-Ron and Harold remained in Nephi. Nadine was the silent leader of a local club we shall call "Juab Train Hitters Association". Nadine was a hard working; family matriarch and devoted woman. If you hear her whisper to you, she may say; Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on the ripened grain of Nortonville. I am the gentle rain on the alfalfa of the Blackett farms. When you awake in the morning dew, I am the swift wind lifting the birds in flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there. I am with God and all those loved ones on the other side, but ever so close as your guardian angel. If by chance you wish to remember me, do not cry, but do it with a kind deed or words to someone who needs it. If you do that, I will live forever and whisper good thoughts to you-always.



No comments:

Post a Comment