Wednesday, August 10, 2022

BEAUTIES OF 1975 AND BEASTS OF 1948

Yesterday, I happened to talk to Val Kelson of Nephi, and recalled how high is standing vertical jump was when he was on the Juab High Basketball Team. I couldn't help but tell him his late two older brothers-Jimmy and Gordon Kelson had the same sort of DNA in them. Later last night, I also thought of their father-Ray Kelson having the same sort of knack in Baseball and sports. About the same time, is when I found a copy of The Times News, and local paper of Juab County. It was dated 1975 and shows the Juab High Homecoming Royalty, and shows their beauty back then, and I am old enough to know their parents, and where their DNA beauty came from. Then on the next page it had a "Photo Out Of The Past" showing the photos and names of the 1948 Central Utah Champs. I am only guessing, but it looks like the Grandstand on the west side of Depot Street in the northeast corner of the Fairgrounds. I know for one thing, re-reading the news of 1975 was more gleeful than reading modern day media. See how many of the Beasts and Beauties you known.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment