Friday, August 26, 2022

IN MEMORY OF BILLIE JEAN PETERSEN

 "IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIR WAY, AND MEMORIES A LANE, I'D WALK RIGHT UP TO HEAVEN AND BRING YOU HOME AGAIN."


On a slow summer's day, we chose to get out of the now overpopulated and waterless suburban area, and headed west through Juab and Tooele Counties of Utah. That is where we can still find the solace and tranquility of whence we grew up. My sister Jaynette drove so I could take time to quench my thirst of the rain parched Sagebrush fragrance of which we played in as kids. Onward and onward, we were lost and didn't give a hoot. We thought once we entered Rush Valley of Orrin Porter Rockwell fame, we wouldn't see a car, but dang it, even Vernon is no longer the quaint and serenity valley of Pioneer past. It was clear that money mongrels has made us all surrender to those with more dollars than sense! Such a forbidden sight would cause Zane Grey and the Riders of the Purple Sage to rise from their forgotten graves! My past came up in my thoughts of yesteryear and recalled a day in 1997, when State Route 36 was a dangerous road, as 118 drivers were cited for speeding. Although I had never heard of "Billie" or of her monument near Milepost 11, I sensed her, and our driver turned around. We then discovered the real Billie Jean Petersen, and the monument erected there on behalf of those that loved that darling 11 year old who we will call "Princess Firefly". During my thoughts of her dancing away last night, I came to better understand why God may have called her to our Everlasting Home on High. I envisioned her twirling from cloud to cloud, causing tearful rejoicing to those that greeted her. Thanks Billie, you made our getting lost a well worth it time, and felt compelled to write my teary eye feelings of glee! Nothing lasts forever, except forever, and the love your family and friends have for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment