Monday, February 20, 2017

Achtung! Achtung! In case you didn't see the lawn flags, today is Presidents Day in America!

Although I didn't vote for him personally, I believe that eventually-historians will conclude he was one of the best Presidents we ever had! My concern, however, he ordered a pension cut for us old timers. Oh wait a minute, I got the Salt Lake Tribune mixed up. I guess the paper is from April 2, 1933. If you read that paper, it looks like Americans were in the Great Depression, but perhaps not as bad as Germany, who was hit hard in 1929. It was so bad there, they were willing to put anybody in office, and Adolf Hitler was organizing the Nazi regime in a still standing Munich bar, not far from the abandoned hotel where this German paper was found by this writer. Although Social Security keeps cutting my pension, it is much better than using a wheelbarrow full of worthless Marks to buy a loaf of bread like the German people had to do. All in All, God Bless America and whoever serves our country as the President.



No comments:

Post a Comment