Thursday, January 5, 2023

HAPPY HEAVENILY BRITHDAY JUSTIN WM. JONES


44 Years ago today, Justin Wm. Jones made me one of the most happy fathers ever. Although he has been gone from this earth for a few years, I still feel his presence and influence of protection. I am grateful for you and the proud things you stood for while on earth. You helped the poor; always willing to play sports with the kids that nobody wanted to supervise and your love of life. Sometimes, Depression gets to all of us as it did for you, but nobody felt it as much as you did. Other people make money believing that substance abuse is the major problem, but we both know that it's only a secondary source for the pains of depression. Thanks to you, you were a great source of inspiration to many folks on earth, and know that you and God have greater things to accomplish on the other side of that rainbow of hope. I seldom visit your headstone, as I know you are not really there. We miss you greatly, but we know you are a valiant kid, as always. 35-1 is 10-4.


Love Dad



1 comment:

  1. I am a great granddaughter of William A. C. and Anna Bryan (my mom's maternal grandparents) and am also the great granddaughter of Ernest R. and Maude Forrest (my mom's paternal grandparents). They were all Nephi residents. I've enjoyed your writings! I especially enjoyed the piece you wrote about the two Forrest Hotels. My mom, 95, grew up in the Forrest Hotel, as it was owned by her parents. Thanks for the wonderful Nephi history you are writing! Gayle Griffith

    ReplyDelete