Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It is the middle of winter in Utah's Juab County, but we still got fish.

There is a lot of snow round about Nephi, like a lot of other places, but the good thing is you can still fish in waters not froze over. This is a Rainbow Trout we caught on Saturday, which was fat and a boot long. Since it has been fifty years since I fished these parts, I wasn't sure what the limit was here, so we caught only one until I got home and checked the "Fish & Game Laws of Utah". I guess we could have fished for more as on page 26 it reads "to catch not more than ten pounds of game fish or not more than thirty game fish in any one day", so we could have gone back for another twenty nine, but it was so dang cold I hate to explain how we kept the wiggly worms warm. I thought the regulations must have been a mistake, so I tried to call Bob Howard, the local game warden, but couldn't find his number and couldn't even get an operator to assist me. So what the heck, I was going to the top and call State Fish and Game Commissioner George Harrison, but I remembered he joined the Beatles awhile back, so not sure what to do now. The good thing is that "The Sportsmen's Creed" hasn't changed much since 1945....afterall, it is just good horse sense.






No comments:

Post a Comment