Saturday, January 28, 2017

When does royal bliss come to the Royal Bliss! I think I found out last night when I attended their concert.

Friday in Nephi, Utah was slow last night, so I asked the clerk at Taco Time if they still dragged main. The teeny bopper told me that people quit that sort of thing decades ago. While awaiting my two soft bean burritos I observed a large RV pulling a trailer  up Track Street, then turning toward the Salt Creek Sports Lounge. The large "Royal Bliss" sign didn't give me a clue who they were, so I had to follow. It appeared they got stuck going up the incline to the lounge, so I pulled over to watch that entertainment. It was apparent the driver had never backed up a hay wagon, as it got stuck backing up. I giggled at them, then drove south on the frontage road, waving at the band members who got out to consider their options. I soon felt guilty and returned to see if I could help but they had made it up to the lounge. The incline was pure ice. I went home and googled their name, only to find out they were doing a concert at the lounge. I had no choice but to put on my new John Deere cap and go to their concert to apologize for laughing at them. Although I didn't ID any of the 180 plus people that attended, it appeared the average age was 40 to 45 years younger than me. Their music was not my cup of tea, but the youngins loved them. I walked about then thought I better head home to watch a brand new re-run of the Lawrence Welk show. The Venue is very impressive, however, and hope more concerts return. One thing that history teaches us-is that some things never change. The use of Alcohol can often make people funny, especially on a dance floor!


No comments:

Post a Comment