Monday, April 24, 2017

The funeral just started for Mary Bailey Burraston, who was born and raised in Nephi, Utah, USA

As a kid, I turned to the funnies of the newspaper, then as I got older, it was the Sports Section. In my "more mature" age, the number one reading section is the obits. The paper shows Mary Burraston passed away, and her funeral is today. Her married named struck my bi-focals, as it was the Burraston family of the Goshen, Genola and Santaquin area that gave their "Burraston Ponds" to the new State of Utah in 1896-as long as it was preserved for use by citizens, and the local Fish and Game guy keeps that information on his computer for reference. I learned that from my interview with Winnifred Burraston Gee of a few decades ago. Now back to Mary. She was born and raised in Nephi, Utah, in the home photographed yesterday. Whoever has it now has kept it as immaculate as when Jesse and Norma raised their kids there. I came to know Mary's brothers-Carl and Dale Bailey, who were friendly enough and you didn't notice what scholars they were until their grades came out. Mary's father had a wide grin, but wide at the shoulders too, and nobody wanted to take him on if he told you to not litter in the new Third Ward Chapel, that he kept clean, just like his yard. Mary took after her mother, both being devoted to their family, community, church and sewing. I very much recall how well Mary's mother cooked good birthday cakes. I have never met a bad Burraston or Bailey. All evidence shows Mary did well in this sphere of life everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment