Wednesday, June 22, 2022

JOYCE MEMMOTT PASSED THROUGH THE EARTHY VEIL

 Most folks that have been in Nephi for a few decades will remember this lady and her family. I attended her impressive funeral today, and it was VERY IMPRESSIVE. I didn't know her as much years ago, but knew her husband-Maurice and their kids. Maurice and his brothers were some of the best Tenor Singers of the world, and we didn't even know it back then. Maurice sang at more than 500 funerals, and I don't think they paid him much more than his LDS Church assignments. He was a Dairy Farmer, as were many others when we were rural. Today, I got to know the Saintly woman behind; to the side of; and perhaps led Maurice. She wouldn't mind if I called her Housewife, but would also say she was a devoted mother; caretaker of her kids as well as caretaker of her mother when she got older. As I sat on the backrow; prepared for an emergency exit in case lighting hit the church, I could imagine both Joyce and Maurice hand in hand nearby, watching and listening to their grandchildren and great grandchildren fill up the choir seats and sing "I am a child of God". Yes we are, and she was one of Gods special people.





No comments:

Post a Comment