Friday, June 16, 2023

RANDY SPERRY-ANOTHER JUAB CLASS OF 65 HAS PASSED

I have made it a personal policy to never read any Utah Media News or TV News for the past 45 years. I was involved in police actions years ago and found that many of the reports submitted by the news folks were misleading and inaccurate. So I didn't know about the passing of Randy Sperry, of Nephi origin, and felt bad that his viewing and funeral is today and in Midvale. So can't make it and especially right in the middle of my cup of coffee. There were about a hundred of us in the Juab High Class of 65 and we were all like a family and remain so. Randy lost a brother when we were all young, due to a deer hunting accident, and it affected all of Juab County. Randy, even as a kid, had sad eyes and I often wondered if it was related to that. And yet he was a happy kid, and loved by all. His big brother was Phil, who was the sports hero of basketball, but Randy was the man at the baseball plate we all cheered for. I spoke to Randy not long ago, as he contacted me to get the history of why we call it the Vine Bluff Cemetery. It was good to talk to him, but knew then he was not feeling the best. And Randy, sorry I couldn't make it today, but will put another photo on to show you could play in the school band. I tried to make it playing the clarinet, as my mother saved every penny for us kids to play, but five of us failed at it. I got kicked out of band when I was caught having another classmate play a solo for me. Oh well, we had a good time in school. And you had a great Dad you can rejoice with now. He was built like a solid brick and just a plain and good man of Nephi that was proud of his family.




No comments:

Post a Comment