Thursday, May 9, 2024

HISTORY THAT MARGARET GAVE AT THE JENKINS FAMILY REUNION

 As far as I can tell, at least today- this may be the last of the blog history of the Jenkins Family that I have came across in the thousands of papers and photos that my family and their Ancestors collected and buried since 1852. Two Zero boxes of journals, photos and papers belonging to the LDS Church was returned to the LDS Church in Salt Lake, but it was difficult to do, as the tithing receipts and Church attendance was often turned over and used as a family record, but a copy was made. I told the audience that had gathered I would tell how I obtained the Church records just one last time, as I had retold it three times to get the attention of the more people that came. When one of the 12 Apostles showed up, it was my last sermon! As some of the artifacts were the property of Brigham the Young, they were given to that Apostle. I also had Nortonville School Records as the Church and the School served as the same building as LDS pioneers often did in Ruralville, Utah. We also had Juab County Records, but the County Recorder at the time didn't want them, nor did the Juab School District, as before it was organized as such, it was done by Citizens and it was they who demanded it be made into a High School, so they were donated to the DUP Museum, and Nadine Blackett was tickled to have them. I have also sent photos back to Cornwall, England and North Wales as I had knowledge my grandfather went on a Mission there and he would send photos of his ancestors that "missed the boat" from Liverpool. Now as Paul Harvey would say(known only by your parents); Now The Rest Of the Story. And No, after ten years of writing these, I still can't figure out how to enlarge these DAM things, and When folks say "It's easy" they are liars! Give me back my old Remington.




No comments:

Post a Comment