Friday, May 4, 2018

Not all who wander are lost!

During my world wanderings, I discovered more richness than I could find on an electronic device. In mixing with people in their own habitat, there is a greater appreciation for their culture and sense of being. That includes eating their foods. Needless to say, some food in third world countries are not the meat and potatoes I grew up on. However, once we try the foods of others, we can then return to our own comfort food. We have put a few of the names and menus of eating joints, both locally and throughout. What is your favorite place to eat other than your own home! The Nephi Jones Boys usually have a back up plan for food, which may include a raw potato; can of Sardines; Vienna Sausage or Spam. Although I enjoyed the spiritual essence of  Notre Dame Cathedral; the ambiance of the Eiffel Tower; how the Louvre Museum edified my inner need for art, the food of France was not to my liking, but I didn't want to leave the country on an empty tank. I therefore retrieved my emergency food and headed to Utah Beach. Alone I sat with my can of Spam and a fistful of sand, and fed my soul with gratitude for those who gave their lifes that I may eat whatever I chose.





No comments:

Post a Comment