Wednesday, February 14, 2018

'Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies", so says Aristotle!

Aristotle was a Greek Philosopher who came up with good stuff, even though he lived and taught more than two thousand years ago. But what about those who don't have that better half for one reason or another! Well, in my case, I have always liked my cousins so I thought on this Valentines Day I would go visit some of them, but I guess I got a little lost in time. Apparently Roger Stowell no longer lives in the house on North Main, nor does Corrine Garrett or even Cheryl Williams down the street. So I got in my mothers Falcon Station wagon and headed to Mona to visit cousin Dona Kay. She wasn't there, so drove back to Nephi in search of other cousins. I parked the car and walked and when I returned Trooper Norm Anderson left me a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the rode. I did find some cousins who I love dearly and tried to express that in my action on this Valentines Day. We show our love for others, and do so without reason or logic...it's just pure love. So as I sit by the fire tonight, I will write a letter to my mother like I did in 1956, and once again tell her how much I love her. This time, I hope I can spell my hometown correctly. First set of photos shows Dona Kay of 1941; Roger Stowell of Mrs. Gadd's class and Cheryl Williams(Peterson). Last photo is of LaVon and Alma Jones on their wedding day during World War Two.



No comments:

Post a Comment