Friday, August 27, 2021

CHANGE IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING ON EARTH

Change is probably the most diffuclt thing to get used to during our short span on Earth. A variety of change includes but not limited to First and Last Kiss; Engagement; Marriage; Divorce; Births; Death; High School Graduation; changing residence or a new job. Regardless, even a Honeymoon or a Family Vacation is stressful.Many of us return from a vacation only to be glad we are home, so we can de-stress! Along that line, this writer has diffculty with the news media, and as such havn't watched one for over 45 years. Years ago while going about doing my job, I repeatedly saw or read the news, of which I was a part of, and come to find out the news was wrong or misleading. I was there and knew the facts, or at least as I saw and reported them. After living in various places in the British Isle's including Sark, Alderney, Jersey, Ireland, England and Jersey, I later recognized the newspapers in America may have followed the tabloid mentality of Great Britan, which contain an amount of truth, but often twisted to the liking of the publisher. Perhaps, nowadays, a tabloid writer may call England a part of the "Un-United Kingdom". Hence, I don't read any papers other than "Serve Daily" and "The Times News". Those give me all the news I need or want. But even our local paper of The Times News struck me a little different this week. I have great respect for the whole Gibson family and reporters, but the front page was different from the 1966 edition of 55 years ago. Yes, times have changed including the people and the crimes of today as compared to years ago and The Times News has "reported" the news as they should be doing. It is just a little heart breaking to read of this rural area and the crimes that are alleged to have occurred. When the older edition fell in front of me, I saw photos of good people we just don't read enough enough about, including Classmate Bert Paxman; musician Mike Paxman;  my little (but tall) brother-Gary B. Jones. Later tonight, my hot date will be to re-read the 1966 entire The Times News and sleep with a smile. Change WILL happen, we just have to learn how to manage ourselves while other folks change us! Hopefully, both eras of The Times News will show up below, and pay respect to the skillful reporters back then and with us today. People around Utah and America should subscribe to both of these papers. It is all you need to know, but don't trust me. Discover it yourself! 




No comments:

Post a Comment