Wednesday, March 23, 2022

IF YOU ARE A TOLLEY OR KNOW ONE OF THOUSANDS, I NEED YOUR HELP

Well, it is true!  I am well aged and brain damaged, so need help from one of the thousands of Tolley family members scattered throughout the western United States and Canada. As far was we know, the Patriarch of the United States Tolley family is Wm. Fisher Tolley, who was born in South Moulton, Devonshire, England in 1823. Upon his arrival to Mormonville, Utah, Brother Brigham assigned him to go to Sanpete and Juab County to help build a road between Nephi and Fountain Green. Mr. Tolley was experienced in building roads and railroads in England. With the permission and green light from the Mormon leaders, he was given permission to marry four wives, and had a hay wagon full of kids with first wife-Sarah Warren of Nephi, and second wife-Saran Fisher of Idaho. As the collector of family history, I have thousands of papers and artifacts from their arrival to Nortonville and Nephi since the 1850's. I love history, but not into LDS church Genealogy. So that is where I need to send this letter of nearly a hundred years ago. I keep going through boxes of information I buried a half century ago. I have already given various photos and church journals to the LDS church, and they thought it was better go dish out some of my history to interested family members. Below is the letter and its contents which list various names. If you are interested, I would be delighted to send the contents to any one wants it for research. Good Luck.







1 comment:

  1. My grandma was the granddaughter of William Fisher Tolley. She also lived in Nephi and knew the Jones. Her grandmother was Susan Warren. I am close with her niece that is a Tolley she may know more.

    ReplyDelete