Friday, September 29, 2023

WANT TO LIVE TOGETHER OR TAKE THE WEDDING VOWS OF A HUNDRED YEAR AGO?

During life on earth, it seems that through the ages, all things change, except for Mother Nature and Love. All things appear to change or subject to discussion by so called "the know-it-alls". One thing that appears to never change is "Love", regardless of what or who it is for. We were reminded of that as we discovered an old typewritten instructions for an Elder in the LDS Church to marry people. I suppose now a days, things have changed, so one should contact the local County Clerk for up to day changes. I suppose now a days one would call this writer a "Jack Mormon", as I can't deny the spiritual things I have witnessed and felt, and yes, I like to Sin. Nothing better than my wake up coffee! Anywho, as the Designated Leader while on an LDS Mission, I was given the authority by the local government to push the button to "Cremate" a member of the LDS church, who had specified that act occur in her last will and testament and it to be done by the local "Elder" in charge. When the Church of England Pastor told me, the first thing I thought was "Holy Hell" . I conferred with the Mission President, and he said I was the Chieftain Elder, and to follow through. I did, but it was a weird feeling that still gives me the Chilly Wiley's. I thought of that when I discovered a missionary diary from the late 1800's and the Church writing down the information to read for an earthly marriage. Hopefully, the reader can view that which is attached, but not able to secure the first part of it. Also, I think I listed it reverse and can't find the computer clutch to switch them. So sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment