Monday, June 6, 2016

Have you ever lost a job you never had! I did a couple weeks ago.

A few months ago I reported that Porter's Steak House of Lehi, was leaving that city for a better location in Nephi, Utah. I stopped by to talk to the owner to make sure I still had the job as the assistant to the assistant dishwasher job, once it arrived in town. Well, Bob told me that Lehi officials had been pressured to keep the steak house there so they won't raze the building for at least a year, so he won't be coming to Nephi right away. I will have to find a job elsewhere, maybe at the Nephi Café or Uwanna. Bob fixed me a steak then spoke of ole Porter, and how some kin of Orrin Porter Rockwell still live in Nephi. In addition, I located an old headstone from Rush Valley of one of Porter's kin. Bob told me he had a Territorial map of Utah showing that Rush Valley used to be called Porter's Valley and had that on the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment