Thursday, September 1, 2022

Jared Beddoes of Nephi Krowes Barbershop/Payson's Haven Barbershop-Where are you?

For the past five years, I found the perfect Barber who was on Nephi Main Street near where the Tunnel and the Rainbow bar was. He then moved next to where Don Barton had his plumbing shop which was akin to the North Ward Chapel. After five years, he wanted to be closer to his home in the Salem/Payson area and moved into a shop on Utah Avenue in Payson. I then followed him there and he knew how to shoot the bull and do an old fashioned mans haircut, like what Mont Sperry; Vons; Mr. Myers and Bob Garrett did. Any who, I took the day off from my usual naps, and headed North. I waited outside as if Jared was out to lunch. After nearly falling asleep, I went next door where Payson Chronicle prints their local paper, and found that Jared had done did quit the barber business and went back to work as a machinist with a friend. Dang it, Jared, you gotta come back in the snip it business, and bring that long haired dog or I will go back to being a long haired Hippie and get more Tattoos than you got. We both saved your mutts life that dat with speeding traffic. While there, I went to look for Onions as that is what Payson is known for. I found a barber down the street called Broken Arrow, right across the street from Lou's barber. So I took a chance, and well, after a $50.00 haircut, not sure I will do that again. But it was fun walking up and down the historic area, and found a real bar that I have heard about for years called the "Wee Blu Inn" and by golly, I pulled my fat belly up to the bar, and had an iced Pepsi; Hamburger and a good ole greased up order of Fry's that were as good as Picks or the Frost-E-Freez. That bar reminded me of the old fashioned saloons where friends and associates gathered, but nobody got wasted. It was about the best lunch around. Their only problem was the big screen TV on a channel talking about the NFL.They must be crazy! That whole area is where our heroes live including Kaycee Feild, the Bareback Champ of the World; Amanda Butler of Payson and had to go visit the beautiful gravestone of Kaycee's Dad-Lewis Feild,  who himself was a 3-time World Champ and 2-time World Bareback Champion. And when Kaycee came to lead the Pledge at Nephi City Council a couple years ago, he admitted he loved Fiesta Days at the Fork of the Spanish, but the Ute Stampede was one of his go to rodeos. Oh well, I am a recovering Football Addict, so the folks at Wee Blu Inn watched me, as I Blu Out when those two "young" 60 year gals were giving me the eye. Lets make downtown Nephi a Mainstreet to lure the thousands speeding by us going nowhere fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment