Wednesday, November 23, 2022

FREE THANKSGIVING COOKIES at Trader Joe Garretts place!

Don't run up to Joe's place, as all the cookies are gone! Joe's daughter-Marian gave all two of them to my sister-Jaynette and I, but my-oh my, they were good. It was a Trade deal. I was willing to give her an original photo of her Dad-Joe Garrett, if she gave me something. We are both learned as youngsters that you didn't have to buy or sell anything, it was just a trade deal with all the Garretts. And as a youngster, I was the one kid that was nominated to clean up the cow manure at Spin Mac's milk shop and carry our share of the milk home, and I was the only one in the family that hated milk! Anyway, I was going through old photos and found one that had my fathers note on the back and thought it was Joe Garrett as a kid. Back 100 years ago, even real men as youngsters wore dress type skirts and Marian recognized it immediately. She had the best "trader" gift for me, giving me a cowboy pillow and hand made. I prized it and she liked the old photo. And she picked the best fish and chip shop in Utah. Thanks Cousin, and we won't list your age, but I think she is almost an adult, but she is still a smart ass, so she has some Jones still in her, just like another cousin-Emma Ockey Carter.



No comments:

Post a Comment