Sunday, January 14, 2024

THIS APPEARS TO BE A CLIPPING FROM THE TIMES NEWS FROM AROUND 1955

 The attached appears to be a clipping from the local Juab County paper of The Times News. Not sure who in our family saved it but my guess would be LaVon Harris Jones, as she was very active in all drama, plays and functions of that sort. I found it interesting as most of folks may have already been elevated to do drama beyond the Veil. I sense the Fine Arts Club that may have been the lighting rod for the more recent Juab Fine Arts of today. The difference back in the 50's was that most clubs of that nature were completely Volunteer, where  as recent organizations start as volunteers, but soon start collecting money's from the taxpayer by way of  government funding. I am not sure, but the FHA(Future Homemakers of America) may be thing of the past, which is too bad, as it used to be just for girls in High School, but in todays world of many a single fathers who not only work their jobs, but such as my case, I had to try to cook for two young boys. In that time it was customary to not use the woman's first name, but to refer to them as Mrs. so and so. To me, Mrs. Lomax was Evelyn, and same thing with many others. See if you know who is who and if they are still kicking. My neighbor was Myrna Lunt who just passed away. She was into FHA, and what a gifted person, and a great Spirit and I can guess she reaches that she is an Angel as she was on Earth. And the Tolley gal listed as the Recreation leader for FHA is still very much alive and still a sharp person, who I keep  in contact with. Not sure of the Yorganson gal, but her two brothers were gifted and popular writers, being Blaine and Brent Yorganson, and their father was the local Culligan man. That is all for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment