Tuesday, January 16, 2024

THIS IS A LOCAL PAPER CLIPPING OF TWO HIGH CLASS WOMEN OF THE PAST

I recall reading my grandfather's LDS Missionary's Dairy from the 1800's  when Wm. Jones departed Nortonville, and asked his pregnant wife to take care of the farm, with the help of the other Tolley and Jones family. She did, and while Wm. was on his mission, their son Vic Jones was born. Wm. and another Nephite by the name of McPherson took the ship to Liverpool. That is just a foundational story, as both the Jones and McPherson were key farmers in Juab County, but it was time when all neighbor's pitched in to help each other.........which may be a thing of only the past. Anywho, the two pictured ladies are of the same generation, when both were raised to take care of their family and the farm. I knew both well, and can't think of any more beautiful and high class ladies. Nephi families lost two noble queens, but Heaven gained two Angelic Angels. I have previously wrote about their family members and often think how well each of them succeeded on life on earth. 



Erma and Rob moved up from the farm, they opened the Serv and first lived behind it, then on to a home by the Old Hollow next to the Jones home, which later became the Stowell home. These two folks have their earthly remains at the Vine Bluff Cemetery, so drive slow past each of the graveyards on 4th East and respect all  the good people we laid their earthly remains, but feel their happiness in the great beyond..


1 comment:

  1. Kent, Thank you for sharing this. I have a photograph of my great Granddad John Evan Harris and Grandmother Sadie (Tolley) Harris with Erma Garrett in a buggy with them. I also found a photo that I don't think any other Harris has ever seen of Erma and Sadie that is found on the BYU archives website. Let me know if you would like to see these photos and I'll send them to you in messenger.

    ReplyDelete