Sunday, July 19, 2015

If you are over 60 and thinking of getting rid of your home phone for a cell phone.....DON'T.....it is not easy to figure them out. I have a better way to communciate.


Communication is an essential part of human interaction. We can't do without it, but it has to be effective in order to be efficient. Cell phones don't work, unless you have grandchildren to assist. I recently discovered that old brain cell's don't work with phone cells. I was told it was easy, but it ain't. The first one I got was the "easy" as the only thing I had to do was touch the screen and it would follow my command. Well it didn't work and confusing, so turned it in for another, and yet another, and it is still a mystery, but the sales lady didn't seem mind selling a new one each time. It was also to understand the 126 pages of instructions as they print words I only knew from Ray's Café, as it kept writing about a "Menu" and I kept wanting fries. More confusion came with such words as "devised contra pose; navigation key; prompt; submenus function; SIM1; Vibrate then ring; Divert; Open Bluetooth; MMS and SMS; calibrate and STK." Although they keep telling me it is "easy", it wasn't, so thought the best way to really communicate was to travel up American Fork Canyon and go fishing. That is where the real trouble started. I looked at the phone and it displayed the words "Emergency call". I figured somebody in the family was in dire straits and calling me so I pushed some buttons to see what the emergency was. After a variety of misplaced words, I found it was a 911 Dispatcher, so I asked her what the emergency was. Needless to say, that didn't go well, so I flipped the phone cell shut. It wasn't long before the Utah County Sheriff's Search and Rescue Posse showed up. Rather than buying another new cell phone, I have to find a good attorney. The first photo is of my cell phone, and the next three shots are of a new way of communicating, called "letters". The envelopes are from 1927; 1930 and 1940. They each contain meaningful information, and the one letter shows how beautiful the cursive writing was and you don't even have to curse when you write and read them.  The postage may have gone up from the two cents of 1927, but I would sooner support the U.S. Postal Service, rather than the one cell phone company that has been making recent Anti-American comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment