Friday, July 24, 2015

This is a love story...a real one, eventhough Hollywood may not pick it up as a blockbuster.



Three of my favorite movies are love stories, but only one made enough money for the world to remember it. That was "Titanic", but to me, "The Notebook" and "Somewhere In Time" showed the real love between people who were destined for each other. Diane Ludlow and Vard White fell in love in 1965. At the time, some folks in Nephi had difficulty adjusting to that, thinking they were too young to know and understand what unconditional love was. Vard and Diane knew it and that was the most important thing. Some of us that were friends of Vard also knew it. On one occasion Diane came up and had a chat with me. She told me I better like her, as even though Vard and I were friends, she was going to be with him forever and I better get used to it. I did and liked her like I did Vard. When Vard wrote in my yearbook in 1965, guess who was right next to him who also wrote in the yearbook. Just before his passing, I visited with them, and it was clear they were still in love with each other, best friends forever; that it was real, not just a phrase. They were; are now, and always be in love, with mutual respect and devotion to each other. Three cheers for that. The last photo was added on June 6, 2016 when I locate it. It is Vard's car when he, Jerry Mangelson and I were taking a little high school graduation tour and that shot is in front of the Brigham Young home in Southern Utah, meeting one of Bro. Brig's granddaughter.











1 comment:

  1. Kent, I looked up Vard's obituary and read it. Thanks for the story of Diane and Vard.
    -Dan Marshall

    ReplyDelete