Friday, March 20, 2015

CHECK THIS OUT.....YOUR CHECK IS NOT ACCEPTED HERE, UNLESS YOU ARE IN NEPHI

Have you seen all the new posted signs in the Salt Lake area stores....."Checks no longer accepted".  What, how can that be, as it is a part of Americana. From the days of cowboy card games going awry, we could always write a check and it would be made good by the bank. I even recall writing a check type amount on a plain piece of paper and giving it to Evan Blackett of the Premium Oil Company of Nephi, and it would be made good when he took it to the bank. The banker new us and we didn't have to even have the checking account number.  I guess times have changed from 1955,  and we don't even get the checks back anymore.  I still like to use checks, but have found out it is to wise to do it in the express lines of the grocery stores. I may be about one of the only people that have kept a copy of every check I wrote, and also saved those of my parents and grandparents. You just never know when you may need to know. I can't recall what work I may have done for my Dad when I was eight years old, but back then a whole dollar was a whole lot of dough.


No comments:

Post a Comment